Feng Shui has come a long way with many adapting it in their daily lives right from interiors to furnishings, dress to make-up and vehicles too. By adapting some basic corrections and empowering the space through appropriate symbolism, the Feng Shui of a space can be made very vibrant.
When you incorporate Feng Shui principles into your home or office décor, you are intentionally acknowledging and connecting to the subtle and profound energies in the universe and to your karma. You open yourself to the joy and wonder of having a relationship with your surroundings
Feng Shui brings positive results when you practice it correctly. The great Chinese Classic, I Ching has influenced the evolution of Feng Shui enormously, and this is why many Feng Shui guidelines appear similar to other Chinese practices that are also based on the same philosophy of I Ching.
Personalised, intentional decorating helps bring your energy into your space. Special attention should be placed on home décor, furnishings, and colours, for example, so that as you grow, as your aspiration and goals in life change, as your family grows, as your career changes, the environment around you continually supports who you are right now, today.
- In the science of Feng Shui, East represents wood and is the direction of growth, prosperity and good health, hence placing healthy green indoor plants, water plants like Kaun-Yin bamboo, decorative gem tree is good.
- Vaastu and Feng Shui emphasise on the benefits of moving water to activate good luck. Water features like aquariums and fountains can activate positive chi and usher in prosperity if placed in the living rooms and foyer east and north sectors.
- Your bedroom is your personal “nest”, hence to ensure good health and proper sleep, avoid bed placements in the middle of the room as they are considered to be in ‘floating’ position and the swirling energy around the floating bed disturbs the person.
- Effect of energy fields of any kind as a strong bearing on human beings. Hence avoid metal bed frames, headboards as they distort the aura and the energy field around. Do not place equipments with strong electromagnetic fields like television and wireless sets close to the bed as they cause sleeplessness and imbalance.
- We all know that water is precious. Feng Shui tenets speaks of draining of wealth when we have water dripping in taps. It is said that dripping taps signify leaking wealth and the sound is considered “negative,” so focus on the taps in the kitchen and toilets and keep them drip free.
- For frequent quarrels and arguments at home, the remedy could be a simple wall painting in red and gold, picture of lotuses or a combination of goldfish and lotus. Lotus signifies purity and love and fish in water is a gentle suggestion of yin water which will appease the quarrelsome affliction.