Woman dies of electrocution:Another admitted to hospital due to burn injuries
News

Woman dies of electrocution:Another admitted to hospital due to burn injuries

Mysuru: In a tragic incident, a housemaid died of electrocution while another woman sustained burn injuries and has been admitted to a hospital here last evening.

The unfortunate victim of the tragedy has been identified as Manchamma (Rajamma), a resident of Gandhinagar 2nd Cross and the injured woman, who has been admitted to the Mission Hospital in  Tilak Nagar here, has been identified as 68-year-old Lalitha Vishwam, a resident of Gandhinagar 4th Cross.

It is reported that Manchamma, who was working as a maid at Lalitha’s house for over 10 years, was hanging the clothes near metre board last evening when she was electrocuted and died on the spot. Lalitha, who went for her rescue was also electrocuted and suffered burn injuries. Lalitha was admitted to Mission Hospital by her neighbours.

N.R. Inspector Ashok Kumar, Sub-Inspector Shabbir Hussain and staff, who rushed to the spot on receiving information, conducted mahazar and shifted the body to MMC&RI mortuary for post-mortem.

N.R. Police, who have registered a case in this regard, are investigating.

 

April 19, 2017

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending

ABOUT

Mysuru's favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 39 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it's readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.