‘Selfie’ craze youth electrocuted

‘Selfie’ craze youth electrocuted

February 23, 2019

Mysuru: A youth, who climbed up the goods train wagon  to take a ‘selfie’ from his mobile phone, was electrocuted when he came in contact with overhead railway electric line in an incident that occurred at Naganahalli Railway Station in Srirangapatna taluk on  Thursday afternoon.

The deceased has been identified as Preetham Gowda, son of Ambareesh of Naguvanahalli village. He was charred to death by strong currents of the electric line. Railway Police visited the spot.

The post mortem of the teenager was conducted yesterday and body was handed over to the relatives of the youth.

City Railway Police have registered a case in this regard.


Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 41 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.


Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]