Mysuru: Vedashastra Poshini Sabha had organised a function at Veene Seshanna Bhavan in Kuvempunagar here on Sunday where veteran scholar and Padma Shri awardee Dr. Bannanje Govindacharya presented the State-level Vidwat Samman to ten scholars.
The following Vedic scholars were honoured with a shawl, citation, Mysore Peta and a cash prize of Rs. 30,000 each:
- Vid. S.P. Kalaseshwara Bhat of Bengaluru, Retired Professor at Government Chamarajendra Sanskrit College, Bengaluru.
- Vid. Ganapathi Ananta Bhat of Tumakuru, Retired Professor at Siddaganga Sanskrit College, Tumakuru.
- Vidwan Hariveerabhadra Sharma Ghanapati of Mysuru, faculty at Ganapathy Sachchidananda Veda School in city.
- Vidu. M.C. Nagalakshmamma of Mysuru, Retired Sanskrit faculty of Maharaja PU College.
- Vid. Bandagadde Nagaraj of Mangaluru, former Sanskrit faculty of Ganapathi PU College in Mangaluru.
- Vidwan Dr. V.D Hegde of Mysuru, former Sanskrit Professor of University of Mysore.
- Vid. Thimmanna Parameshwara Bhat Katte, Honnavar, Retired faculty of Government Sanskrit College in Gokarna.
- Vidwan Manjunath Narayan Bhat of Kumta, Retired faculty of Maharaja Sanskrit College.
- Swachhandam Dr. A. Anantanarasimhacharya of Bengaluru, Retired Professor at Acharya Pathashala College, Bengaluru.
- Vidwan Dr. C.H. Srinivasmurthy of Mysuru, former Sanskrit faculty of Sarada Vilas College.
Sabha President Vid. Prof. B.S. Nagaraj Bhat, Vice-President A.N. Venkatakrishna, Hon. Secretary Vid. A.M. Chandrashekar and others were present.
This post was published on March 14, 2018 6:28 pm