3 kids die of food poisoning at Tumakuru Hostel
News

3 kids die of food poisoning at Tumakuru Hostel

Three children died and two others are in critical condition due to food poisoning at a school hostel in Chikkanayakanahalli in Tumakuru this morning. The Vidyavaridhi International School, where the children were studying, reportedly belongs to former BJP MLA K.S. Kiran Kumar. According to reports, the Police have taken Kiran Kumar into custody.

The deceased have been identified as Shreyas, Akansh and Shanthamurthy, all aged 15. They died after consuming food at the hostel yesterday night. Two other students who are currently undergoing treatment at a hospital are said to be critical.

Soon after dinner, the students complained of stomach ache and they had vomited continuously. Their condition worsened and the three died at around 4 am.

There are 40 Standard III to Standard X students at the hostel and according to Kiran Kumar, somebody might have poisoned the food.

The students had consumed rice and sambar. Some students said that they saw something bluish substance in the sambar and that made them stop eating dinner.

 

March 9, 2017

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending Posts
ABOUT

Mysuru's favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 39 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it's readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.