Baby girl succumbs to burn injuries

Baby girl succumbs to burn injuries

August 1, 2022

Mysore/Mysuru: In a tragic incident, a two-year-old child, who had sustained burn injuries in her home at Marballihundi village in the taluk, succumbed to her injuries in the hospital late last night.

Prakruthi, daughter of Siddappaji, had sustained serious burn injuries when hot water accidentally spilled on her while playing at her home on July 15.

The baby girl was immediately rushed to K.R. Hospital in the city where she was being treated at Burns Ward. But she succumbed to her burn injuries last night after failing to respond to the treatment, it is learnt.

The jurisdictional Jayapura Police have registered a case in this regard.


Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 45 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.


Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]