Bar bender dies of electrocution

Bar bender dies of electrocution

March 28, 2017

In a tragic incident, a bar bender, who was working at an under-construction house in Hinkal yesterday morning, died of electrocution on the spot after an iron rod he was holding came in contact with a live wire passing in front of the house.

The deceased has been identified as Naveen (35), a resident of Hinkal, who had taken up bar bending works of an under-construction house belonging to one Chinnammayi at Dr. Ambedkar Colony in Hinkal.

Vijayanagar Police Inspector Guruprasad and staff, who rushed to the spot on receiving information, conducted mahazar and shifted the body to Mysore Medical College and Research Institute (MMC&RI) mortuary for post-mortem.

The body of Naveen was later handed over to his relatives.

Meanwhile, the relatives of Naveen, holding CESC officials responsible for the death of Naveen as the live wires are passing in front of the house at a short distance, have demanded action against the officials.

Vijayanagar Police, who have registered a case in this regard, are investigating.


Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 45 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.


Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]