Child saved from fire

Child saved from fire

November 27, 2018

Mysuru: In a reported incident, a 7-year-old kid was saved from fire by members of the public at Rajivnagar here yesterday.

Syed Hussain, a resident of Rajivnagar, had gone out along with his family members, after leaving his 7-year-old child alone. But after sometimes a fire broke out in the house, reportedly due to a short circuit, following which the child cried for help from the window. The public soon broke the window grills and rescued the child safely.

Fire tenders which rushed to the spot doused the fire, but by then, furnitures and other articles inside the house were reduced to ashes, it is learnt.


Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 45 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.


Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]