City engineering student dies after inhaling geyser gas

City engineering student dies after inhaling geyser gas

October 8, 2017

Mysuru: A 21-year-old girl student died after inhaling gas leaked from a geyser at her Paying Guest (PG) accommodation here on Friday morning.

The student has been identified as Meghana, a native of Alaganadoddi village, Kollegal taluk in Chamarajanagar district, who was staying in a PG accommodation at Mathura Nagar near Metagalli here and was pursuing her final year Engineering course at an Engineering college  in city.

On Friday morning, Meghana went for a bath before leaving for college but did not come out even after an hour.

Other inmates at the PG accommodation knocked the door of the bathroom and called her but did not get any response, forcing them to break open the door only to find Meghana lying unconscious on the bathroom floor.

They immediately rushed her to a hospital nearby, but Meghana reportedly breathed her last on the way. Metagalli Inspector Sunil Kumar, who has registered a case in this regard, is investigating.


Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 45 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.


Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]