Fire mishap in Dasara Exhibition premises

Fire mishap in Dasara Exhibition premises

December 23, 2023

Mysore/Mysuru: Fire broke out in Dasara exhibition premises due to a purported short circuit on Friday.

Thick smoke was noticed in the exhibition premises facing the Zoo parking side at about 6 pm,when the electrical staff of KEA (Karnataka Exhibition Authority), who arrived at the spot soon after receiving information, prevented the fire from spreading by replacing the burnt cables.

Due to the mishap, the Dasara expo witnessed a power outage for almost 2 hours. The visitors were seen expressing their disappointment for not having been able to witness the stalls due to power outage, it is learnt.


Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 45 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.


Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]