Fire reduces tobacco barn to ashes, one injured

Fire reduces tobacco barn to ashes, one injured

July 30, 2018

Periyapatna: A farmer was seriously injured when a tobacco barn caught fire reducing the barn to ashes at Naganahalli Palya in the taluk last evening.

The injured has been identified as Venkatesh Bhovi, who is undergoing treatment at a private hospital here.

Venkatesh had stocked raw tobacco and had also stocked processed tobacco worth about Rs.1.5 lakh at his barn apart from other materials, which has been reduced to ashes.

When the fire engulfed the tobacco barn, Venkatesh tried to extinguish the fire during which he sustained serious burn injuries on his hands and legs. Though Fire and Emergency Services personnel rushed to the spot and doused the fire, the fire had reduced the tobacco       to ashes.

Venkatesh has urged the officials of the Tobacco Board who visited the spot to provide compensation for the loss he had incurred. Betadapura Police, who have registered a case in this regard, are investigating.


Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 41 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.


Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]