The entry to a building which is defined by the main door is of great importance in the practice of Feng Shui as it marks the impression that you leave to the outside world and the attitude of the occupants behind the door.
The popular belief that doors can be classified as lucky and unlucky has its own connotation and cannot be generalised as good and bad. The science of Feng Shui is very complex and it works on many levels, many of them unseen. An intelligent application of Feng Shui knowledge is what brings the best results hence a door can be transformed to bring in luck by carrying out few changes in and around the main door and pathway.
Prior to placing any Feng Shui cures for a front door that faces an unlucky Feng Shui direction, ensure that the front door is really well-taken care of, so that the Chi, or energy can flow in easily, do not place or suspend mirrors directly facing the main door. Also do explore the possibility of having a strong Feng Shui front door.
When the foyer, path way and front door are well taken care of, good Feng Shui can be activated quite easily and effectively to usher in prosperity into the home or office space. Once the primary requirements are met, placing Feng Shui cures or symbolism helps to empower the aspirations more effectively.
It is said that prior to “opportunities” knock on the door, the aim is to flood them with beauty, happiness, and comfort as this creates a home that shimmers and stands apart a cut above the rest. It’s quite a common sight to see metal bells suspended on the main door in some of the homes in eastern part of the world.
In Feng Shui, the sound of bells symbolically announces the coming of good news and prosperity. Small bells made of metal, ceramic or crystal are often used. However, when you use bells as a Feng Shui cure, it should always be tied together with red thread or ribbon, as this is said to activate good luck. The most common practice is to tie three I ching coins together with a red ribbon as it symbolises big wealth.
- Keep your main door mat clean and if the mat looks worn out replace it with a new one preferably semi circular one.
- Turn on lights in front of your Feng Shui entrance attract good Chi and keep them turned on for the whole night or at least from twilight till bedtime.
- Place a tall, healthy plant on either side of your front door. They should not block the entrance.
- Hang white lights around your front porch to attract attention to golden opportunities.
- Clear clutter from your yard, pathway and front porch to allow energy to flow into your home.
- Install a water fountain on the right side of your main door to bring fortunate energy in every time you open the door.