Growing phase for a child is fun but often the little children do get difficult. When left unchecked by the parents, they tend to believe that they are right in their approach and in the long run, it does get difficult to change the pattern of thinking and behavior.
Feng Shui is all about having good harmony, relationship and good health in a home and not just wealth and career. Hence, having a happy home with supportive and happy children makes it even better.
Art of Feng Shui, often referred to as the Chinese art of placement or space alignment, ensures comfort and prosperity to occupants when the space is aligned properly enabling the residents in that space to function at their peak potential and more efficiently.
Hence, organising the space on the basis of Feng Shui especially for the children would be a good thought. All of us need a sense of support and connection in our space or private rooms and this is particularly important for young minds and hearts. A child’s room should support him or her both within the context of the family and as an individual.
Fresh air and clearness is of prime importance in children’s rooms. Focus on the to the colours for this space, not only for the walls but for the decoration in general. Use light colours in balance with the individual Feng Shui of your child to strengthen the energy for harmonious and successful growth.
Feng Shui is an effective tool to calm down difficult children who tend to misbehave, not wanting to focus on education, disinterested in the affairs of the home and family and not helpful at all. This is not because the child is bad but it’s due to the bad Feng Shui prevailing in the home or child’s room.
Check the following and correct them:
- If the child’s room is facing toilet door, suspend metal wind chimes to suppress this negative flow.
- Check for water feature or toilets under staircase, this is quite critical. Take them off, if you cannot relocate toilet, stop using the toilet if possible or keep the toilet door shut.
- Place a jade or earthen based décor signifying bamboo plant (green in coluor) near the vicinity of the staircase if the above affliction exists.
- Place a crystal globe on the study desk of the child.
- Blue obsidian stone or a pagoda placed on the study desk will also help the child.
- Display happy family photos which will reinforce your child that they are part of a loving, supportive family and make them calm.
- Clutter will make it harder for the child to reach their goals and makes it difficult for students to focus on their studies, de-clutter their room or personal space.
- Slanted ceilings, can lead to oppressive energy. If you must place a bed beneath such a feature, paint this section the same colour as the ceiling. However, it would be better to move the bed away from the lower end of the slanted roof.