House damaged due to gas leak
News

House damaged due to gas leak

October 7, 2017

Mysuru: A house was partially damaged in a fire that occurred due to LPG cylinder leak near Mahadeshwara Tent at Kumbarakoppal this morning. The Police said that the incident occurred at a house belonging to one Manjunath. However, the house was rented to one Ningaraju, who had been to his native place with his family at the time of incident.

The Police added that no casualty was reported as the house was locked from the past three days. It is suspected that due to gas leak, the refrigerator could have caught fire due to short circuit. An elderly woman in the neighbouring construction site suffered minor burn injuries owing to heat emanating from the house.

Fire tenders who rushed to spot were able to douse the fire. Metagalli Police Inspector Sunil Kumar visited the spot and conducted the mahazar. A case has been registered and Ningaraju has been informed about the incident.

ABOUT

Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 41 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.

CONTACT

Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]