Household articles and dry grass were destroyed in separate fire mishaps in city yesterday.
In the first incident, which took place in the residence of Maridevaiah in Vivekanandanagar M-Block, household articles worth thousands of rupees were gutted when domestic LPG cylinder pipe caught fire.
It is reported that yesterday afternoon, Maridevaiah was cooking using high flame resulting in the rubber pipe which supplies the gas from the cylinder to the stove catching fire and melting.
This resulted in the fire spewing from the regulator and Maridevaiah, after failing to extinguish the fire kept the LPG cylinder horizontal on the ground resulting in more firer.
Maridevaiah, who tried to separate the regulator from the cylinder, suffered burns on his eyebrows and head. He later informed the Saraswathipuram Fire Brigade Station which rushed to the spot.
Though the fire personnel tried to separate the regulator from the cylinder, they were unable to do so as the fire did not allow them to go closer to the cylinder. They later managed to douse the fire and remove the regulator from the LPG cylinder, thus preventing further damage.
In the second incident, miscreants reportedly set fire to the dry grass near Kukkarahalli Lake on Bogadi Road here yesterday.