Mysuru: In view of the 72nd Independence Day celebrations tomorrow, the City Police Commissioner has issued the following guidelines:
- Heads of schools and colleges should ensure adequate security; any unusual abandoned item should be reported to Police.
- Public places like malls, markets, Railway Station, bus stand, temples and tourist places should ensure installation of surveillance cameras with enough security.
- Usage of plastic National Flags is banned.
- Public attending I-Day at Torch Light Parade Grounds should pass through metal detectors. Carrying big bags, camera and water bottles to I-Day is banned.
Entry and parking facility at Torchlight Parade grounds
- Entry of VIPs and VVIPs will be through the main entrance with parking facility on either side of the entrance.
- Public entry through Gate G-5 and parking facility to the right of Gate G-1.
- Public can also enter through the Southern Gate (Hanumanthanagar side).
- Police, media and other department vehicles can be parked at Gate G-2 premises.
- Participants can enter through Gate G-8 and park there.