Mysuru: The Mysuru City Police have issued guidelines for the public to follow during the Independence Day celebrations at Torchlight Parade Ground in Bannimantap here, tomorrow.
- The Police have instructed the management of educational institutions to provide security to their students by deploying additional security and also instructed the students and public not to touch any suspicious items and inform them in case of them noticing such items.
- To install CCTV cameras in malls, places of worship, markets, railway station, bus stands, airport and other public places besides instructing the owners and management of commercial establishments to deploy additional security.
- House owners have been instructed to collect complete details of the tenants before giving their houses on rent.
- The owners of hotels, guest houses, lodges have been instructed to collect complete details and also check the luggage of their guests.
- The public and participants are instructed to go through the security checks before entering the Torchlight Parade Ground where the I-day celebration will be held.
- Public have been instructed not to carry any kind of weapons, camera, water in glass bottles and large bags.
- Public have been banned from entering the ground and are instructed to watch celebrations from the place reserved for them.
- Arrangement for entry and parking of two-wheelers and cars of general public has been made at Gate 1 and Gate 5.
- Public can enter the ground through Hanumanthanagar side gate.
- Entry and parking for Police personnel and media will be from Gate. 2.
- Entry and parking for participants is through Gate 8.
- Public must follow the instructions by the Traffic Police.
- Action will be initiated against the traffic violators.