Man dies of electrocution while cleaning overhead water tank

Man dies of electrocution while cleaning overhead water tank

May 9, 2019

Mysuru: A 35-year-old man was killed after he was electrocuted while cleaning the overhead water tank near Mogaralli Manti on KRS Road near here yesterday. The deceased is Devaraju, a resident of Benkipura in Hunsur taluk.

Devaraju, who had taken up the agency to clean the water tank, climbed atop the water tank yesterday afternoon when he accidentally came in contact with the live power line and died of electrocution, according to the information provided by the public to the Police.

KRS Police, who rushed to the spot, conducted mahazar and brought the body down, with the help of Fire and Emergency Services personnel. The body was later shifted to MMC&RI mortuary.

CESC and Gram Panchayat officials too visited the spot.

KRS Police, who have registered a case in this regard,  are investigating.


Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 45 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.


Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]