Man succumbs to burns

Man succumbs to burns

January 24, 2022

Mysore/Mysuru: A man, who had sustained severe burns while lighting fire to heat water on Jan. 15, has succumbed to injuries at K.R. Hospital on Saturday.

The deceased is Suresh (34), a resident of Vajamangala village in the taluk. On Jan. 15 (Sankranti festival), Suresh, who reportedly came home drunk, was asked by his family members to take bath. He then went to the bathroom to heat water and poured diesel on firewood and lit fire resulting in flames engulfing him causing severe burn injuries.

He was immediately rushed to K.R. Hospital and was admitted in the Burns Ward, where he succumbed last Saturday (Jan. 22). A case has been registered at Varuna Police Station.


Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 45 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.


Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]