Mysore/Mysuru: A mobile phone repair shop was gutted in a fire caused due to short circuit at Vidyaranyapuram yesterday.
Arjun Cell Tech, located on the 16th Cross in Vidyaranyapuram 4th Main Road is the shop that was gutted in the fire. It is learnt that due to short circuit of UPS batteries kept in the shop, fire erupted at about 2.30 pm, destroying many electronic gadgets and mobile phones of customers who had given them for repair.
As the shop was closed, fire did not spread to adjacent shops. Saraswathipuram Fire Brigade, which rushed to the spot, managed to douse the fire and prevented the fire from spreading further.