I am a senior citizen aged 70 and had ventured to have darshan of Goddess Chamundeshwari on the special occasion of First Ashada Friday.
It took me two hours to get Rs. 50 ticket for darshan standing in line from 6 am to 8 am. I could get my turn for darshan only at 3.45 pm, after nearly 10 hours.
I have some suggestions to mitigate such hardships to the senior citizens, in particular.
- Provide separate queue for elder citizens (age proof must) only on Ashada Fridays.
- Provide another slot for mothers with baby-in-arms and pregnant women.
- Consider introduction of online booking for darshan as prevalent in Tirupathi so that devotees can assemble at appropriate time thus avoiding long wait and crowd management is also eased.
- Since I have first-hand experience, I am sharing my thoughts for better facilities for devotees of all ages and from all walks of life. Hope the authorities concerned will take note of my suggestions.
– G. Mohan, Retd. Assistant Controller of Defence Accounts, Srirampura, 22.7.2018
You can also mail us your views, opinions, and stories to [email protected]