Comfort and convenience are key factors when planning a home or even a room placement, storage, furniture arrangements and layout. Integrating the art of Vaastu and Feng Shui in the design specific to your property and the occupants is a more advanced approach than to follow the general rules.
Feng Shui can be a design tool of Interior Design providing methods to change your surroundings, to create harmony and balance in your living and working environment. To ensure proper balance of Chi (energy), each home must contain the five elements of fire, earth, metal, water and wood, which can be added through such things as colours, fabrics, home accessories, lighting, cushions, mirrors and fountains. A balance of these in your home leads to balance in your life and enhance prosperity.
One of the most important sectors of your home is the “Prosperity sector” which can be identified on the basis of your building orientation, main door and living room direction. The first step toward prosperity is to get the stuck “Chi” (energy) within us and around us flowing again. The main cause of being stuck is clutter. Clutter includes piles, disorganisation, things you no longer need, use, or love, anything in disrepair, unfinished projects before you implement any Feng Shui corrections.
When Feng Shui principles based on accurate compass readings and a variety of specific calculations are applied, they can indeed activate opportunities for prosperity and help one achieve your personal and professional goals with less resistance and obstacles. In turn creating opportunities for wealth, relationship and overall harmony.
Feng Shui attributes several specific elements to financial prosperity and accumulation of wealth. Colours like red, purple and gold are heavily associated with wealth. As these colours are dramatic and deep, it should not be used in abundance. Instead, one could use them as creative accent pieces in the bedroom. In addition to red, purple and gold, the colour yellow is considered auspicious too. It is a stimulating colour that easily keeps your brain focused, while green is exceptionally calming.
Few of the simple home checks and corrections for paving way to achieve good prosperity are as listed below and in the context of oriental philosophy and Feng Shui they have a very important meaning too:
- Place Telephones at Northwest as it ensures good communication, networking and ushers in new prospects for business houses.
- Take away or repair stopped clocks as they are said to generate negative vibes and indicate symbolically being “stuck” with time and energy as energy is said to change with time.
- Do not suspend calendar and clocks on door (either back or front) as it is said to symbolically indicate bad times anticipated through the door and also announce symbolically that “time is running out.”
- Periodically scrub floors with salt and water (mixture) to cleanse out negative energy and make way for new opportunities.
- Ensure that kitchen burners are not clogged as it indicates blockage of wealth flow as food is wealth and when the burner is clogged, it clogs wealth opportunities.