By S.B.S. Surendra, Accredited Master Feng Shui Consultant
Aloe Vera plant is an evergreen perennial plant that is known for its potential health benefits
Science of Vaastu & Feng Shui can be used to harmonise the deficiency through design and bring about positive changes in all aspects of ones life. The basic guidelines to ensure proper energy flow is to assess:
- Land shapes and geometry, quality of soil.
- Flora, fauna, environment.
- Design and layout/ Decor.
- Magnetic fields, radiations.
- Orientation of furniture and beds.
- Personal luck, natal charts of individuals and that of building/ aligning the space.
However, continuing on the topic of plants, few more plants and their benefits are listed below which can aid proper energy flow if the building does have some Vaastu/Feng Shui defects.
• Rosemary Plant (Salvia Rosmarinus) is a woody and evergreen aromatic herb with the needle-like leaves, native to the Mediterranean region and Asia. It has white, purple, pink or blue flowers. It is used as an indoor and outdoor decorative plant. The leaves of Rosemary are used to flavour various foods. It also has potential health benefits. According to Vaastu Shastra, it is an interesting indoor plant that fosters mental and physical health. It is believed that the fragrance can quickly lift your mood. It may also help in reducing weakness and fighting stress and anxiety. Plus, it can also help to improve memory and induce sleep. You can place it anywhere in your home.
• Orchid Plant (Orchidaceae) is a beautiful flowering plant. Its flowers are generally colourful and fragrant. Orchid flowers are used in decoration and perfumes. Plus, seeds of orchid plants are used as a flavouring agent in baking. It is also considered as one of effective Vaastu/ Feng Shui plant. It is said that this plant is a symbol of prosperity and abundance. Beautiful flowers of orchid plants instigate perfection in people. Also, bouquet of orchid flowers is a wonderful gift for newlyweds and new parents. The orchid plant can be kept in the Southwest corner of the house.
• Aloe Vera Plant (Aloe Barbadensis) is an evergreen perennial plant that is known for its potential health benefits. It is used in consumer products such as skin lotion, cosmetics, medicine, ointments, and beverages. Consumption and application of aloe vera extracts are good for body, skin and overall health. It can be used as an indoor decorative plant as it grows successfully indoors as a potted plant. It is believed that it attracts positive energy and wards off negative energy. It is also an air-purifying plant. By absorbing carbon dioxide, it produces equal amounts of oxygen; Hence, it can do wonders for the health. It can be placed in the East or the North corner of the house.
• Rubber Plant (Ficus Elastica) or rubber tree plant is a popular plant, known for its waxy & luscious evergreen leaves and larger than life appearance. It is believed that it attracts money and prosperity into the household. It is a very powerful indoor plant that brings prosperity and positivity to the family. You should place the rubber plant near a window. The plant will grow best with consistent and filtered light.