Plastic bags, other items destroyed in fire

Plastic bags, other items destroyed in fire

April 12, 2024

Mysore/Mysuru: Old plastic bags and other items stored in a godown at Bannimantap ‘A’ Layout were destroyed in a fire mishap recently.

The godown on 30X40 ft. space belongs to one Asif, who had rented it to one Mohammed Yasin. Yasin had stored old plastic bags and other such items which caught fire due to short circuit.

Bannimantap Fire Station personnel, led by District Fire Officer K.C. Ramesh, who reached the spot, managed to douse the fire and prevented it from spreading further in a three hour-long operation.


Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 45 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.


Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]