The universe is comprised of the interaction of the five elements and so is the internal system of the human body which is also made up of these five elements. When we are surrounded with symbols that generate positive energy, the Body, Mind and Soul is at peace, the aura is in balance and in turn it motivates the individual to bring out the best.
The authentic Feng Shui analysis for a structure is based on many vital data like orientation of the building, compass directions, main door orientation, interaction of elements, the natal charts of the individuals, yet, one can tap into the positive energies in a premises by placing, carrying specific symbolisms or adapt décor and colours which are supportive.
We literally mirror our environments and it is a known fact that like attracts like and vibrates in harmony. The mystical actually influences the practical hence adapting appropriate Feng Shui enhancers and cures in the specific sectors of a building can truly bring in abundance.
Feng Shui can be adapted not just for design, construction or renovating a building but also on special occasions like festivals which can usher in Yang energy.
• You can cleanse the energy of your home by burning bay leaves, sage or sandalwood. Make sure to walk slowly around your home and allow the burning aroma to seep into each corner and crevice.
• Fresh flower decorations bring in a fresh breath of positive energy into the house. Flower garlands on the main door are a great way to attract auspicious energies into the house. But do remember to remove them the moment they start to wilt or else the prosperous energy wouldn’t take long to turn sides.
• To wish someone good health and a long life, a gift of jade is highly prosperous. Jade has a nourishing and calming energy, and is symbolic of balance and serenity. Jade comes in many colours, though it’s most commonly seen in shades of green.
• To attract positive Chi into your environment, place a healthy potted plant with shiny round green leaves in a gold coloured pot in your home. The green leaves representing wood signify growth and gold coloured pot sprouts this new growth in your life.
• Decorating the home and the foyer with handmade lanterns in shades of red and yellow or lighting coloured earthen lamps is auspicious. Coloured earthen lamps with ghee or linseed oil in multiples of four signify the combination of wealth, prosperity and growth.
• Placing metal art décor or figurines, suspending oriental metal coins (round coin with a square hole) above the main door empowers the entry with metal energy.