Mysore/Mysuru: The Blood Bank of KR Hospital, Mysuru, which caters to the health needs of the most underprivileged and destitute patients in the district, is facing severe shortage of blood due to COVID lockdown.
Mothers giving birth, victims of accidents, patients of cancer, patients undergoing emergency surgeries, young children with Thalassemia — several conditions make patients dependent on blood and blood components for survival.
The lockdown has made it difficult to conduct blood donation camps and Blood Banks are running dry. As a result, the most helpless patients are unable to receive the required transfusions.
In order to fill up the depleted stocks of blood, K.R. Hospital, Mysuru, has taken an initiative to co-ordinate and bring willing people to the Blood Bank for blood donation.
To join this Blood Donation Drive, fill in the details by logging on to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScQZD2EhGJmM9zde-4Vgu_bfN6PJSI7Lg1kmswM6c_XP3zLRg/viewform
On filling this form,
● You will be added to a list of blood donors.
● Volunteers will get in touch with you to dispense all necessary information regarding blood donation requirements.
● You will be allotted a time slot to donate blood.
● You will be provided an e-pass to travel to K.R. Hospital for blood donation.
● You get the opportunity to save lives during a global health crisis.
F o r details, contact Dr. Nehal on Mob: 98800-12727 or Dr. Nemichandra on Mob: 89049-41806.