Transformer catches fire

Transformer catches fire

April 17, 2019

Mysuru: Tension prevailed in the Town Hall premises last evening, when a transformer adjacent to a milk booth near Garuda Mall caught fire.

The public, who saw the transformer on fire, immediately informed the Fire Brigade Station and the Fire and Emergency Services personnel, who rushed to the spot, managed to douse the fire and prevented it from spreading and causing more damage.

The fire had destroyed power cables resulting in disruption of power to about 40 commercial establishments in Visvesvaraya Building in K.R. Circle.

CESC Executive Engineer Swamy, who inspected the spot, said that the transformer may have caught fire as some miscreants had set fire to waste paper lying near the transformer or due to excessive pressure on the transformer.

He further said that power has been disrupted only to Visvesvaraya Building and HOPCOMS outlet near City Bus Stand and added that a new transformer would be installed on Apr.17 (today).


Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 45 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.


Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]