Tumakuru hostel food poisoning case: Security guard succumbs

Tumakuru hostel food poisoning case: Security guard succumbs

March 12, 2017

 Security guard Ramesh (45), who was being treated at the District Hospital here, after he seriously fell ill following consumption of food at Vidyavaridhi Residential School near Huliyar in Chikkanayakanahalli taluk of the district, succumbed at the hospital this morning.

Three children died within a few hours after having dinner at the School on Wednesday night while Ramesh, a security guard at the hostel, who too had dinner and subsequently fell ill, was admitted to the Tumakuru district hospital in a critical condition.

Ramesh, who was being treated at the hospital’s ICU since admission, continued to be critical and breathed his last in the hospital this morning, it is learnt.


Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 41 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.

Recent Comments

Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]