Mysuru: A 23-year-old youth, who had attempted suicide by consuming poison a week ago and admitted to a private hospital in city, breathed his last yesterday after failing to respond to the treatment.
The deceased has been identified as Satish, a native of H.D. Kote who was residing in his grandmother’s house at Vinayakanagar (Paduvarahalli). Satish was working at a chicken shop in city.
According to Jayalakshmipuram Police, who have registered a case, Satish had taken loans and was also not going to work regularly. Depressed over this, Satish is said to have consumed poison.