Baby boy swallows cooker whistle, dies

Baby boy swallows cooker whistle, dies

July 2, 2018

Maddur:   A one-year-old boy has breathed his last after swallowing a pressure cooker whistle while playing at his house at Nagarakere village, in the taluk, on Saturday night.

The deceased infant is Bhuvangowda, son of Mariningegowda and Roopa couple. Mariningegowda is the son of G. Shivaramaiah, owner of Fair Price Shop in the village.

It is said that the baby boy was playing inside the house on Saturday night and accidentally swallowed the whistle of the cooker which got stuck in his throat.

The baby, unable to breathe fell unconscious and his parents immediately rushed him to Gurushanthappa General Hospital in Maddur, where the doctors removed the whistle from the throat and provided first aid. The baby boy was then rushed to Mandya General Hospital for further treatment, but died after failing to respond to the treatment.

No case has been registered in this regard.



Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 41 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.


Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]