New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi, along with Amit Shah, this morning released the ruling BJP’s manifesto for the Parliamentary election starting Thursday (Apr. 11). The “Sankalp Patra” or document of promises has been crafted on the theme of a “Sankalpit Bharat – Shashakt Bharat” or “Determined India, Empowered India.” PM Modi sat on the stage, flanked by Home Minister Rajnath Singh and the BJP chief.
Amit Shah, in his introductory message, claimed that India is a “Maha-Shakti” now. The country had slipped in the eyes of the world between 2004 and 2014 but now India is among the top six economies of the world.
The BJP chief said, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has done justice to every sector of the society, with cooking gas connections in rural areas, housing and affordable healthcare for all and welfare schemes for farmers.
While bringing the economy on track, the Prime Minister has shown the world how a scam-free country can be run. PM Modi has struck the source of terrorism and sent a message to the world that no one can play around with the borders of the country, the BJP chief said.
Here are the highlights of the manifesto
- For strengthening the armed forces, purchase of outstanding
defenceequipment will be fast tracked
- Zero tolerance
towardsterrorism. Security forces will continue to get a free hand
- Will implement NRC (National Register of Citizens) in a phased manner in other parts of the country
- Technology will be used to prevent infiltration in the north-east; smart fencing will be used
- Reiterate position since the time of the Jan Sangh, to scrap Article 370 (special status to Jammu and Kashmir); committed to annulling Article 35A or the law which says that no outsider can own property in Jammu and Kashmir
- Interest-free Kisan credit card loans, short-term agricultural loans up to Rs. 1 lakh to be given at zero
per centinterest, for one to five years, on the condition of prompt repayment of principal amount
- Sankalp Patra aims to
fulfilthe aspirations of 130 cr. Indians
- Ram temple will be built as soon as BJP is voted to power
- Pucca houses by 2022, for every family who
areliving in a kucchahouse or haveno house
- Investment of Rs. 100 lakh crore in the infrastructure sector by 2024.