Feng Shui has been used at home to improve such things as wealth and careers, find new partners, start families, help children to study, improve family harmony and later in life to support and improve our health so that we can enjoy the wealth which we’ve accumulated over the years. In short, Feng Shui at home can be used to influence just about every aspect of our lives.
By relating to the spiritual dimension, Feng Shui becomes more relevant to our modern day life. With our demanding, high-pressure lifestyles today, we need ways with which we can enhance and bring in some much needed balance to our lives.
In addition to removing obstacles, Feng Shui involves the accumulation or introduction of positive energy. When certain items are placed properly, they draw in the good energy that contributes to prosperity. From positive motivating objects and symbols of wealth, to coins and family photos, a variety of objects can play a role in manufacturing the right type of energy in your home.
A home or business has interior factors and exterior factors that influence you and your mood. Shape of the house, floor plan, positions of bedrooms, kitchens, bathrooms, desks, have an unseen psychological effect on you. History of the house, electro-magnetic energies emitted by electrical connections and cable, telephone, satellite dishes can have either positive or negative effects on you depending upon the sort of person you are. Similarly beams, lights, plants, water and influences of people surrounding you also have some role to play.
To gain wealth and prosperity, the Feng Shui advises a right attitude and the supportive condition in terms of energy movement. When flow of chi in your home or workplace is blocked by obstacles it hinders prosperity and growth. Removing obstacles and freeing energy is a process of adapting Feng Shui.
In Feng Shui it is said that even door numbers and building numbers play a significant role in the quality of Chi energy swirling around the premises and your home which determines the prosperity and wealth luck. Numbers are an integral part of Feng Shui, with each direction having its own corresponding digit.
Activating good luck, prosperity and wealth could be done by looking for few things in and around your home:
- Place a golden dragon turtle in the vicinity of your main door to invite good luck.
- Avoid barriers in front of the door such as light partitions where you have to navigate around them to move to the next space. By ‘opening up’ the space, this technique immediately expands your front door sector many times over.
- To help create a free flowing environment for chi energy, wind chimes are considered good. Five rods hollow metal wind chimes could be suspended at the porch.
- Keep the porch area clean and lush green plants can counteract inauspicious door numbers.
- Enhance the South East corners of the living space with indoor plants to enrich the wealth potential.