Activating the work space, be it home of office, ensures a clear vision, goal and a path towards prosperity. The science of Feng Shui gives an opportunity to tap into the universal energies and achieve the dreams and desires of good business.
The ancient Chinese art of orienting buildings, aligning the space, interiors and placing objects to maximise their harmony with surroundings is a age old method in the practice of Feng Shui. The philosophy is grounded in the idea that consciously situating objects allows them to better absorb the Earth’s natural energy.
For business and office spaces, Feng Shui activates the energies to usher in team spirit, networking, finance, growth and stability luck.
Good Feng Shui, does not bring you wealth if you do not strive for it, but it gives you the necessary support to seek your wealth and fortune. It helps you use various Feng Shui cures to create an environment, be it home or office. This strengthens the occupants and the space to attract the Feng Shui energies of prosperity and wealth.
The workplace is one of the key areas where Feng Shui can be implemented which can in turn help you focus on your intentions, clear your mind to produce high quality work that your clients, bosses, and co-workers will admire.
The entrance to your office is a key component of Feng Shui because it is what allows energy to flow freely into and out of your space. Therefore, making sure it is free of clutter is imperative. Also, the door to your office should open completely without anything getting in the way.
For good business, choose locations where main door entrances face open spaces to allow light to enter. And most importantly, make sure business offices and customer reception areas are well-lit to attract positive energy.
Avoid any clutter on the surface of your desk and place plenty of organisers on top of it so that you can keep files and tools out of your way. This will allow the energy and creativity to flow while you work. A good rule is to aim for half of your desktop to be free of clutter at all times.
In Feng Shui, a lot of significance is attached to flowing water and aquariums. When placed correctly, they usher in big wealth luck as water is thought to be a powerful Feng Shui element, promoting good business and prosperity.
Colours and appropriate wall décors harmonise the prosperity Chi. Hence, some colours have a great significance in Feng Shui. Six important Feng Shui business colours are as follows:
• Purple is also a colour of wealth and prosperity. It is a colour which can quell stressful business and is also suitable for those in antique art business.
• The colour Blue is the most universal colour in business as it is said to invoke trust, loyalty, reliability and responsibility. It is the colour of water. Hence, excess blue is not good. Moderate the colour and shades of indigo would be better too.
• Green is the colour of nature, freshness and harmony. Darker shades of green are related to money, prestige and wealth, while lighter shades represent freshness, growth, kindness and sympathy.
• Yellow stimulates the logical side of the brain and mind clarity. However, use yellow as a supportive colour and not a standalone bright shade as excess yellow is said to cause anxiety.
• The colour Orange boosts concentration, as well as creativity. It is warm and vibrant colour and hence, using it in proper combination with other shades will enhance the Yang feel.
• The colour Red is the colour of good fortune, confidence, luck and money. It also signifies anger hence even this shade should be moderated and combined with other colours.