Garment shop gutted in fire

Garment shop gutted in fire

November 3, 2019

Mysuru: An accidental fire, triggered by an electrical short circuit has gutted a temporary garment shop near Surya Bakery in Hebbal on Friday.

The fire broke out at New Bombay Bazaar on Nov. 1 at about 11 pm, resulting in clothes worth lakhs of rupees being gutted in the fire. 

Thick black smoke began to emanate from the shop and within seconds the entire shop was engulfed in fire. Efforts by the shop owner and the public to douse the fire proved futile.

Meanwhile, Hebbal Fire Station personnel, who rushed to the spot managed to extinguish the fire and prevented it from spreading further. The operation to douse the fire took about  an hour.

During spot mahazar, the fire personnel came to know that electrical short circuit was the reason behind the fire.

In another incident, a transformer caught fire near Srinivasa Theatre in Bannimantap at about 11 am on Friday. Personnel of Bannimantap Fire Brigade, who rushed to the spot managed to douse the fire.


Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 45 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.


Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]