One of the most popular types of apps being downloaded right now is the messaging app, and WhatsApp is up there with the best of them. WhatsApp offers something a little different from most messaging apps in that you get a phone number. That means anyone can reach you whenever they want, wherever you are, and you don’t need to be online for them to contact you. It is proving popular, not just with personal users but also with businesses, making them far more accessible. And you can even have more than one WhatsApp account, say one for personal and one for business, or separate ones for separate groups of friends.
The problem is, you can only have one WhatsApp account open at any one time. You have to sign out of one before you can open another, making it somewhat cumbersome when you need to get into two or more accounts. Well, we’ve found three ways that you can have multiple WhatsApp accounts open on your device at any one time.
How to Open Two or More WhatsApp Accounts on Your Device At the Same Time
Three methods, each easy to use. There’s one paid and two free methods, so pick the one that you want to use.
Method 1: WhatsApp++
WhatsApp++ is a version of the stock app, modified with cool new features. Even better, you can run the stock and the modified versions side by side on your device so you can use two accounts open at any one time. You can only get WhatsApp++ from unofficial app stores, and the first one is called TweakDoor.
- Download the TweakDoor app onto your iPhone or iPad using the official website – this is fully tested and is secure to use
- Go into your iOS settings app and tap on General.
- Tap on Profiles & Device Management and locate the TweakDoor profile
- Tap it and trust it, and close Settings.
- Tap the TweakDoor icon to open the app store
- Run a search for WhatsApp++ and tap the result
- Follow the on-screen directions to install it on your device.
- Now you can run the official and unofficial apps side by side.
Method 2 – Using Parallel Space
Parallel Space is an iOS app that offers a free trial of three days before charging $9.99 to purchase the app. It is a cloning app and is very easy to use. Here’s how:
- Download Parallel Space from the iOS app store – be aware you must be on iOS 11 or above
- Launch the app on your device and accept the requested permissions – Contacts, Camera, Microphone, and Storage. If you don’t accept these, you cannot use the app
- The app will now show you a list of all the apps on your iPhone or iPad. Tap WhatsApp, tap Clone App and wait – when WhatsApp has been cloned, you can sign into more than one account
NOTE – Once your free trial is ended, you have two options – sign up and pay $9.99 or cancel. If you choose the latter, your cloned apps will be removed
Method 3: TutuApp App Installer
TutuApp is much like TweakDoor in that it is an unofficial app store, offering a great choice of modified games and apps. TutuApp differs from TweakDoor by way of offering more than one modified version of WhatsApp++, which means you can have as many accounts open as there are app versions:
- Download TutuApp onto your device, using the official website
- Go to iOS Settings, tap on General and go to Profiles
- Trust the TutuApp profile and close Settings
- Launch TutuApp by tapping the icon
- Use the search facility to look for WhatsApp++ – several results will appear
- Tap on each one that you want to install, following the on-screen directions to install each one
When they are all installed, you can set each one up with a different WhatsApp account and use them all at once on your device.
All of these are excellent methods for running multiple WhatsApp accounts on your device at the same time. Suppose you want to pay for a method using Parallel Space. It allows you to clone any app on your device and is especially useful for social media apps, the apps you are likely to have more than one account with. Don’t forget, though, if you choose not to subscribe, you will lose all your cloned apps.
If you prefer not to pay, choose TweakDoor or TutuApp. Both are unofficial app stores offering tons of modified and unofficial content that don’t make it past Apple’s restrictions to get into the app store. You don’t have to jailbreak to use either of them, and they are safe to use.
Pick a solution and try it. These are the best ways to run multiple WhatsApp accounts on your device simultaneously, whatever reason you have for wanting to.