MP Pratap Simha, City Police Commissioner Dr. A. Subramanyeswara Rao and SP Amit Singh to attend the event
Mysuru: The 45th Annual ‘Knights in Khaki’ Police Shield Presentation – 2018 will be held at the Summit Hall of Olive Garden in city on June 14 at 4.30 pm under the auspices of Mysore Round Table – 21 (MRT-21) and Mysore Ladies Circle – 9 (MLC-9).
Mysuru-Kodagu MP Pratap Simha will be the chief guest. City Police Commissioner Dr.A. Subramanyeswara Rao and Superintendent of Police (SP) Amit Singh will be the guests of honour.
The Police Shield will be presented to the following eight Constables from Mysuru city and district in recognition of their services:
- R.M. Somashekar, who is serving as the Head Constable at V.V. Puram Police Station, is a native of Ragimuddanahalli in Pandavapura taluk, Mandya district. Somashekar has served in Crime Department in Vijayanagar, Ashokapuram and V.V. Puram Police Stations and has been instrumental in solving many cases such as dacoity, extortion and burglaries among others.
He was a part of the Police team, which had caught burglars and had recovered gold ornaments, silver articles, mobile phones, cash, laptops, computers and other items worth over Rs. 88 lakh.
- K.C. Gangadhar, a Constable at Narasimharaja Police Station, is a native of Kampalapura village, Periyapatna taluk in Mysuru district. He has developed strong bonding with leaders of various communities in the NR Police limits and was instrumental in brokering peace between two communities besides organising peace meetings to celebrate festivals peacefully. Out of 68 missing complaints lodged in 2016, Gangadhar has traced 65 missing persons.
- Nasreen Taj, a woman Head Constable serving at ACP Office, Devaraja Division, is a native of Mysuru. Nasreen Taj has served in Women, Lashkar, Nazarbad and Udayagiri Police Stations. Apart from serving as a Computer Operator, security to VIPs and during bandobast, she now works as a computer operator, IT maintenance, preparing reports to the letters sent by higher authorities, keeping records of six Police Stations coming under the ACP Office.
- S.R. Raveesh, a Constable serving at Krishnaraja Traffic Police Station, hails from Sheelanere village, K.R. Pet taluk in Mandya district. Raveesh has served efficiently in managing traffic especially during Dasara festival and has uploaded FTVR cases to the computer. He also visits schools and colleges to make the students understand the importance of following traffic rules.
- Prabhulingaradhya, an ASI at Nanjangud Traffic Police Station, has served at Mandya East, Koppa and Pandavapura Police Stations, Hunsur Town, Chamarajanagar, Saligrama, Mysuru South and T.N. Pur Police Stations.
He was promoted from a Constable to Head Constable in 2001 and as an ASI in 2016. While working in Nanjangud Circle Office in 2008, he had solved burglary cases by tracing the culprits who had burgled about 25 Anganwadi Centres and had recovered stolen cylinders and other items.
- M. Mahesh, a Head Constable serving in Mysuru South Police Station as a Writer and computer maintenance person, joined the Police Department in 1997. Mahesh has served at Mahadeshwara Hill, H.D. Kote, T.Narsipur, Talakad and Jayapura Police Stations. He was promoted as a Head Constable in 2016 and transferred to Mysuru South Police Station. While working in T.Narsipur Police Station between 2004 and 2006, Mahesh was deployed at the Sessions Court where he used to guide witnesses and help them in giving the Court the right and correct information which had resulted in the Court sentencing the culprits.
- Ashwini, a woman Constable serving at Hunsur Rural Police Station, joined the Police force in 2008. She has served in Bilikere Police Station as an assistant to the Investigation Officer and used to maintain the computers. She is now serving as a Writer and is involved in computer maintenance. She accompanies women victims involved in harassment and sexual assault cases to hospitals and Court besides taking them to women shelters.
- Rajkumar, an Armed Head Constable serving at District Armed Reserve Police Force since 27 years, is now serving as a Police Armourer. He took training in 2000 to join as an Armed Police Constable and was promoted as an Armed Head Constable in 2011. He maintains various weapons of all Police Stations at District Armoury. He is also involved in providing training in rifle shooting and its maintenance to citizens besides providing training in the same to Range Forest Officer trainees and Forest Guards.