LPG cylinder catches fire in house

LPG cylinder catches fire in house

February 20, 2017

An incident of an LPG cylinder catching fire has been reported from Paduvarahalli (Vianayakanagar) in city this morning.

Basavaraju, a resident of 8th Cross, Paduvarahalli, had brought an additional LPG cylinder this morning as there was a function in the house.

Soon as the gas stove, connected to the cylinder, was being lit, the cylinder caught fire, reportedly due to a leak, when the family members showing presence of mind, threw the burning cylinder out of the house on to the road, thus averting a major mishap.

Fire tenders, who rushed to the spot, doused out the fire before it could spread.

Jayalakshmipuram Police too visited the spot.


Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 45 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.


Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]