A Master’s in Business Administration is a two-year degree programme that leads to a plethora of employment opportunities all over the world. MBA admissions in 2022 will be done on the basis of MBA entrance exams, GDPI, class 10 and 12 achievements, employment history, and other factors. Applicants must have an undergraduate degree in Science, Commerce, Humanities, or a related field in order to get admission to an MBA programme. MBA admission process 2022 necessitates long-term preparation, which begins with identifying the best MBA colleges in India, assessing the admission requirements, and being accepted.
The MBA course was started in India to meet the needs of quality management roles at the highest levels of corporate organizations. In general, fresh undergraduates apply for comprehensive standard MBA courses; however, there are numerous options for pursuing an MBA programme from the top MBA colleges in India and around the world. Applicants will learn about the registration procedure, MBA curriculum eligibility, best universities, entrance examination, and much more in this MBA Admission Process 2022 article.
MBA Admission Process
MBA graduate students are provided with key management roles in both the public and private sectors. Most MBA colleges in India offer programmes that last two years and are classified into four academic sessions or semesters. Most valuable degree can be attained by the students through in-depth research and analysis of the best MBA colleges in India.
There are several other options available apart from full time MBA courses that can be done after graduation. Students can also enroll themselves in Executive MBA courses if they have reliable and credible work experience. The application process for the part time MBA course would be completely different from the full-time MBA course.
There is a long list of MBA colleges in India that have maintained a reputation for offering affordable MBA courses at budget friendly tuition rates. Hence, there are several colleges that can bring students a step closer to their brighter and better future. The common process of MBA admission process 2022 is given below:
- Opt from one of the best MBA universities in India
- Look for the MBA entrance exams
- Check the eligibility criteria for the same
- Score the required percentile for admissions
- Make your appearance for MBA counseling process
- Admission done!
Detailed information about these factors is stated below:
Choose from a pool of the top colleges for MBA in India
There are a multitude of universities in India that provide MBA courses in a variety of specialisations. Applicants who want to pursue enrollment must first pick a Business School of their preference. This may appear to be a simple task, but most candidates who ranked top in the merit list have admitted that choosing a B-School is among the most challenging steps in the MBA admissions process. Choosing the best MBA College in India can be influenced by factors such as-
Some applicants prefer to enroll in universities that are close to their home. While others disregard the location element in favor of other considerations before accepting admittance. Aspirants prefer to enroll in colleges that are closer to their homes. In many circumstances, external conditions have no bearing on the university’s reputation.
- Preference for reputed MBA colleges in India
Without a doubt, before enrolling in any top MBA colleges in India, candidates investigate the university’s reputation. It’s been the most important determinant in selecting a B-School. While it is true that the older the college, the more prestigious its public image. This, nevertheless, cannot be generalised. It is also plausible that a recently founded institute has a better track record than older ones.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Admission
Once the university and entrance exams are chosen, a crucial component of the MBA admission procedure 2022 for applicants is to determine their own qualifications for admission to the college. Aspirants can choose between a normal full time MBA, a distance MBA, or a part-time MBA programme. With the exception of some of the top MBA colleges in India that offer specialised classes, all of the B schools’ basic eligibility requirements for MBA degrees continue to stay the same. The following are the basic minimum qualification criteria that all applicants must meet in terms of achieving a degree from the best MBA colleges in India:
- All applicants must have an undergraduate degree in any discipline, including Science, Arts, Business, and Engineering, from a widely renowned university or institution.
- An aggregate of 50% is required for all Bachelor students. SC/ST/EWS applicants will receive some reservation.
- Applicants in their last year of college can also qualify for an MBA programme at any of the best MBA colleges in India. They must have their final graduate school certificate within the specified timeframe.
MBA Application Process
The first step towards the MBA admission process is the application form filling process. In order to apply at the top MBA colleges in India, candidates need to do the following:
- Visit the official website of the university
The registration process for MBA programmes can be done both online and offline. If you choose to proceed with the process in the online mode, you need to visit the official website and login using your credentials.
- Fill the application form
After putting in the username and password, you need to click on the link “MBA application form 2022”. Add your personal, professional and academic details carefully. This would include your name, family details, address, identity proof, 10th, 12th, and graduation marksheet.
- Submit the registration fee
The last step is to pay the application fee after filling the form. You can pay the same using netbanking, debit card, or credit card.
List of Top MBA Colleges in India
The best MBA universities in India are ranked based on a variety of criteria, including recruitment data from the previous three years, infrastructural facilities, classroom and learning atmosphere, academic staff, geographic region, and so on. The following table indicates the NIRF rankings for the top MBA Colleges in India for 2022:
|Name of the university||NIRF Ranking|
|Department of Management Studies (DMS) IIT Delhi, Delhi||9|
MBA Entrance Exams
Admission of students to one of the best MBA colleges in India is done through some of the popular entrance exams such as CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT. Applicants need to check out the syllabus and books that would help them in better preparation and understanding.
These entrance exams for MBA courses are of three types:
- National Level Entrance Exam: Top MBA Schools in India accept popular entrance examinations, which are ranked among the top exams and are held at the national standard for applicants. All collaborating colleges/institutions accept the results of such entrance examinations. CAT, MAT, XAT, ATMA, CMAT, IIFT, and other major nationwide MBA entrance examinations are accepted by all the universities.
- State Level Entrance Exam: These exams are taken by candidates appearing for state level universities.
- University Level Entrance Exam: Exams like NMAT by GMAC are taken by universities for admission in their respective campuses.