Faulty water meters are a common problem faced by many houses. The main problem is the rectification.
- First the bill reader informs the owner about the faulty meter.
- Then the owner calls up the Water Works and asks them about the procedure.
- Water Works in turn asks the area Inspector to inspect the meter.
- This Inspecting turns up and after checking, asks us to give an application to the Water Works for new meter. Here is the catch — you cannot submit at any other Water Works Office but go straight to Yadavagiri Main Office.
- Now after this circus, you wait till this meter guy lands up and fixes it.
But the main issue is why can’t we submit this letter at the Counter where we pay the water bill or at MysoreOne Centre? Wasn’t that the main purpose of this?
Also, bang on Kuvempunagar we do have a Water Works Office where one can submit this application. Isn’t it high time that this is decentralised so it becomes easier for all to get this done.
We have senior citizens and working people who may find it very problematic to go through this process, so it would make a lot of sense to let people do all other Water Works related issues at any of the above centres.
– Vinoda Ramachandra, Dattagalli, 20.11.2019
You can also mail us your views, opinions, and stories to [email protected]