Maddur: Two photographers, who were cleaning their studio for Deepavali festival, were electrocuted while putting up the name board of the studio. The incident took place at Besagarahalli village in the taluk yesterday afternoon.
The deceased have been identified as M.R. Vivek (42), son of Ramegowda and Jayalakshmamma couple of Maraliga village and G.S. Madhukumar (27), son of G.K. Shivanna and Annapoorna couple of Gejjalagere village in the taluk.
Vivek and Madhukumar, after cleaning Lakshmi Photo Studio at Besagarahalli village, cleaned the name board of the studio and were installing it when the metal name board came in contact with the power line electrocuting both of them.
Vivek has been running the studio since about 15 years at the village and Madhukumar was working in the studio since six to seven years.
Vivek leaves behind his wife, one son, one daughter and he was the lone bread earner for his family.
The bodies were shifted to the Mandya District Hospital, where post-mortem was conducted and the bodies were handed over to the family members.
Besagarahalli South Police Station Inspector Mahesh and staff, conducted mahazar and have registered a case.