Citizens, please be aware of turning off gas stove before leaving home. This incident happened a few weeks ago when I was going to buy some groceries and heard fire engine sound.
On a curious note, I went on to find out that a tenant residing in ground floor house in Ramakrishnanagar had kept stove on to cook some rice and left home without turning it off.
Smoke just filled the whole house and a resident staying on the backside of the house was shocked to see so much of smoke. Immediately she called the Fire Station and guess what?
Fire Officer Nagraj Urs and crew came to the spot immediately and rammed the door to turn off the stove. Had the stove been kept on for a few more minutes, a major disaster would have happened.
– Karthik Mohan, Ramakrishnanagar, 20.3.2021
You can also mail us your views, opinions, and stories to [email protected]