Feng Shui is all about creating a space that exudes harmony, peace and happiness. Hence, ensuring a good flow of energy in and around a structure is one of the key dynamics behind this age-old practice. If the immediate surrounding is not too harmonious, it is said to affect negatively certain aspirations in the life of the occupants such as relationship, wealth, family luck or cause illness.
From the subatomic particles to skyscrapers, from good vibes to auras, everything in the universe is said to be vibrating. Our personal vibrations interact with the vibrations of our environment including the people, places and things that make up our world. Art of Feng Shui helps in actively choosing or intending to engage with the favourable energy available to us at all times.
The universe is comprised of the interaction of the five elements and so is the internal system of the human body which is also made up of these five elements. When we are surrounded with symbols that generate positive energy, the Body, Mind and Soul is at peace, the aura is in balance and in turn it motivates the individual to bring out the best.
The authentic Feng Shui analysis for a structure is based on many vital data like orientation of building, compass directions, main door orientation, interaction of elements, natal charts of individuals, yet, one can tap into positive energies in a premises by placing, carrying specific symbolisms or adapt décor and colours which are supportive.
Symbolic level of Feng Shui works due to energy specific symbols based on the five elements which activates the right balance and positivity and in turn connects with the subconscious level of the occupants mind in a positive manner.
Any of the following simple methods could enhance positive energy in premises:
• Displaying figurine of dual fish in metal which represents strength, bondage and love for married couples, is auspicious and a good luck charm too. Maintaining clean live aquariums with active fishes which enhance the element water are said to activate wealth luck.
• Adapting Green Jade, peridot, Green Garnets in jewellery design is considered good. Green connotes freshness, vitality and it also signifies the wood element and growth. However, one could also enhance the wood element by placing live healthy plants.
• Placing crystals in four major corners of home would help to conquer bad energy or bad luck, and to bring plenty of wealth luck, it also strengthens the Earth energy as crystals represent Earth element.
• Crystal lotus flowers signify ability to remain rooted in the mud of the earth and rise to perfect purity above, it is the Universal Symbol of the Flowering of Consciousness and Spiritual Attainment. When placed under bright spot light, it will refract light and generate peaceful energy in environment which aid the productive cycle of fire and earth element. Alternatively turning on up-lit bright lights or having a splash of brighter shades of ochre and orange as wall décor can create positive or Yang Chi.
• Placing metal art décor or figurines, suspending oriental metal coins (round coin with a square hole) above the main door empowers the entry with metal energy.
• Wearing clear crystal, amethyst or rose quartz beads controls emotional imbalance, activates love, peace, harmony and good health.
Feng Shui acts as a catalyst to activate the good luck of a space but it is influenced by the energy, thought, action and deed of the occupants too. Merely placing Feng Shui Symbolism without practicing positive affirmations, generosity or good deeds may not fructify our desires. Hence, it is important that one puts an imprint of positive thoughts, good vibes and a feel of abundance while placing such symbolisms to derive the maximum out of such time-tested methods.