The people who live or pass through Surya Bakery Circle in Hebbal know the pain of commuting via this Circle. Even though various problems are evident, no authorities have taken necessary actions.
I want to point out some of the major issues we are facing here:
- Since city buses and company cabs pass through this Circle, the road becomes congested, especially during peak hours. In addition, the Circle becomes a bottleneck if two buses arrive from opposite direction. To worsen this condition, two-wheeler riders try to overtake the buses in-turn blocking the whole road.
- Nearly three months back, the roads were dug to lay pipelines. The contractor has failed to restore the roads properly due to which nearly 20% of the road is not in usable condition currently.
- Since there is a bar located at the Circle, the Kumbarakoppal Main Road towards Kumbarakoppal last bus stop will be jam-packed with two-wheelers parked on both sides of the road in the evening. These two-wheelers are parked by the bar customers. Some people even park their vehicles haphazardly blocking the traffic.
- In the evening time due to drunkards menace, women and children are hesitant to use this road. It is a common sight to see drunks having ‘social gathering’ near the bar or lying on the roadside creating a nuisance.
- On a regular basis, garbage is being dumped near the Circle bus stop by miscreants. As a result, foul smell will emanate from the litter.
We can solve these issues if we can implement the following steps:
- Installing traffic signal or stationing a Traffic Police at least during peak hours.
- Shifting the bar to some other place far from the Circle and residential areas.
- Asphalting the roads to restore it.
- Imposing fine on those people who litter the area with garbage.
I request the local authority to look into this issue on priority and take necessary steps to tackle the situation.
– Vinayakrishna, Hebbal, 30.8.201
You can also mail us your views, opinions, and stories to [email protected]