There are many things that the current Covid-19 pandemic has disturbed as far as our daily routine and lives are concerned. While on the one hand, millions of jobs have been lost in the country and across the world, children are also getting badly impacted. Their schools and educational routines are being torn apart.
As the fury of Covid-19 still continues unabated in many parts of the world, there is a lot of uncertainty when it comes to the opening of schools. Therefore, it is normal for parents, and even teachers to look for some alternative ways and means by which the problem can be solved.
Problems of Children Being Tied Up in Homes
There is no denying the fact that children are curious, active and would not like to be tied down to their homes. Tying them to their homes, though unavoidable in today’s situation could also become counterproductive.
As both parents may become busy with their work-from-home schedules, the children may get hooked to phones, computers, laptops and computer games. While there is nothing wrong with allowing children to play some games and have some entertainment with their computers and mobile phones, many children tend to overdo it. This could lead to a lot of problems and unwanted dangers.
Hence, the onus lies on the parents and guardians to find out ways to overcome this problem and at the same time find out ways to keep the children engaged.
Make Use of Technology
Being discreet and yet being able to follow on the child’s activities is the way forward. For example, many parents have started using technologies like reverse phone lookup to keep a tab on what the children are doing.
Phone number search is something that could help parents to educate their children from staying away from phone numbers and the associated people who may do something harmful and unwanted to their children.
Children also use emails these days very frequently and they connect their social media profiles and other accounts with the email address. There are many email lookup tool options available that parents and guardians could make us of.
For example, they could run an email search to find out the social media profiles of their children, maybe some other profiles on different inappropriate websites and control the content their children post there.
Time Management is Important
Even if the parents are working, they should have the right resources and methods by which they are able to effectively manage the time of their children.
The younger children, in particular, should be taught about the virtues and benefits of being disciplined. This will help them to have a strict plan of daily activities including free hours, relaxation, playing, exercising and of course studying and being up to date with their studies.
There are many time management apps available that can be put to use.
Importance of Learning Languages
Staying at home has its own advantages. It is the perfect time for helping your children to learn some new languages. We are sharing some apps that are considered to be good when it comes to learning some new languages.
We are also discussing briefly some apps that are fantastic for video conferencing and being in touch with tutors and classmates. Additionally, we also will look at some online libraries, tutor platforms and Interpals for making international friends and getting linked to some quality international tutors.
1. Duolingo/Bussu – These two applications are considered to be extremely good for all those who are keen on learning different languages. It is good learner’s toolbox and children would certainly like it. Bussu is a free-to-download app that helps in learning many languages using English as the base. It also has a paid version.
2. Zoom – There is no doubt that Zoom is one of the most well-known video apps and it could help in connecting teachers with students. It is reliable and it is also affordable with some special packages for children.
3. Preply – This is an app that is used by tutors to create their own lesson plans for students according to their ages and classes. They have a number of students and also many tutors. You could make use of Spokeo for getting to know more about tutors before hiring them.
4. Openlibrary – If you are looking for a free online library with some of the best books, it makes sense to go in for open library.
5. Interpals – This perhaps one of the best options for children to find the right tutors and friends online. But it should be used with parental care.
We are sure that the above may have helped our readers to get a reasonably good idea about ways and means of managing your children when they are stuck at home for reasons beyond their control.
Maguire Haigh is a content marketing manager for Spokeo. He is an expert in the business sphere. He prefers writing articles on marketing, social media presence, travel and startup topics. Maguire has great experience in travelling and deep knowledge of 5 foreign languages.