Enforcement of traffic rules seems to have totally collapsed as regards two-wheeler riding in Mysuru. Majority of the two-wheeler riders including the pillion riders do not wear helmet.
- The two-wheelers are driven recklessly which is dangerous for the riders and others on the road. Some of the two-wheelers are driven by minors.
- Overtaking seems to be from all sides. If a test is taken even the Regional Transport Office will be confused after hearing the answers from such riders.
- Many of the two-wheelers are driven with more than the permissible two persons including the pillion rider.
- Zooming on bikes with no silencers seems to be a thrill for such drivers.
Indiscipline and lawlessness in two-wheeler riding has increased manifold since a few months and Mysuru seems to have overtaken Bengaluru in this aspect.
I request the authorities concerned to strictly implement enforcement of traffic rules and ensure city roads safe especially for disciplined drivers and pedestrians.
– N. Bhaskar, Brindavan Extension, 1.3.2020
You can also mail us your views, opinions, and stories to [email protected]