Worker dies of electrocution

Worker dies of electrocution

June 22, 2019

Mysuru: A 32-year-old bar bender died of electrocution at a building along Dr. Rajkmar Road in the city on Friday.

Lokesh (32) of Kadavegattihundi village in Varuna Hobli of Mysuru taluk is the deceased. He was engaged in bar bending work at an under construction building in Udayagiri yesterday  when he suffered an electric shock after the steel rod he was carrying came in contact with a live electric wire closeby.

Udayagiri Police have registered a case in this regard.


Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 45 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.


Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]