The basis of Feng Shui is to ensure you are surrounded with things which not only inspire and motivate you but generate a positive vibe and harmony. Be it a home or work environment, creating the right feel, and in synchronicity with the nature’s forces is of great importance.
Aligning the interiors and the furnishing alone ensures excellent Feng Shui when tuned with the compass directions and one can achieve a lot through these methods and proper alignments.
When we adapt the oriental science for designing new homes or a office, the primary concern is to get the space to be in tune with the occupants. In a office set up, it does get tricky as it has to keep in mind many different individuals to be working from there. The location of the office is not normally something over which we have control but its internal layout can make a great difference to the way people feel and behave.
Changes as simple as re-aligning the furniture, painting or moving in healthy plants are at times more than enough. Negativity breeds Negativity so forward planning and planning work programmes holistically, rather than a day-to-day basis will reduce stress.
One of the most important areas of the home or office is the entrance and the main door as this is the place where most energy enters and we tend to churn the energy by walking in and out through these doors — be it home or office.
Improving work relationships is one of the most sought after need of the time. As we all know how the boss rules our worklife and job promotions, using simple Feng Shui tips you can improve relationships with your bosses and colleagues.
Business premises are active, busy sites and the energies to be encouraged are very Yang. Any empty spaces within the building or immediately around it, like empty offices, warehouses and derelict ruins would have to be considered as ‘pools of decay’ and protected against.
To ensure that we move ahead in all our pursuits with confidence and strength, we primarily need a sense of support and connection with the building and more specifically the room in which we spend more time.
Adapting few of the following methods could help in creating a harmonious and prosper work space.
- Place a lucky bamboo plant on your table on the left hand side of the work desk.
- Place Feng Shui coins tied in red ribbons inside your drawer or personal locker for improving money luck.
- For a healthy relationship with the boss, hang a picture in a nice photo frame where all are happy and smiling be it from a party or any happy occasion.
- Display awards or positive objects which exhibit your strength and success in the workplace.
- Create your own “mountain of gold” by gathering small pebbles painted gold and putting them as a heap on a earthen or crystal bowl. This will give opportunities and support from benefactors. Place your mini mountain in the northwest corner of your office.