Fundamental principle of Feng Shui is the flow of unhindered energy known as Chi (pronounced “chee”). This is said to be the life force pervading everything on the planet. Chinese Medicine describes the flow of Chi along the meridians within the body for a building. In the science of Feng Shui, the Chi depicts the flow of energy in the outside world like landscape, layout of a building and its design. The flow of Chi is essential for the well-being of the occupants.
Drained Chi means even though there seems to be sufficient energy; it is taken away again due to orientation or design factors. Reasons might be geopathic stress either of the property or of the house itself. These can be major energy grids as well as blockages of the energy flow within the landscape. It could also be due to bad design, orientation or even an addition or deletion of furnishing or furniture.
Bau-biology translated from German is “building biology” or “building for life” is a study of the energies in a building and its implications. It specifically refers to the study of the impact of the built environment on human health and the application of this knowledge to the construction or modification of homes and workplaces. It studies the interwoven relationships between people and their homes as well as their homes and the earth.
The earth, its influence and the building biology needs to be considered in the selection of building sites and design of buildings. A basic knowledge of the fundamentals of physics and chemistry point out that reduction of the geomagnetic background will have an impact on the necessary chemical processes needed for life. Certain locations exhibit relatively permanent magnetic distortions that have an effect on the occupants and surroundings.
For many of the builders and developers facing crisis, it’s time for introspection of your own premises. If your home ground is strong and well-designed it can sustain the “rough weather.”
Take a look at the following:
• Check your entrance, especially the main door and look for afflictions.
• Move the furniture and try to open the windows to allow fresh air and light in.
• Bring in life into your premises by adding healthy green indoor plant and small water features especially in the North and East sectors of your office/ foyer.
• Try to display information on your projects which are getting difficult to market towards North West sector of the office.
• Re-position key people in the office away from ‘danger nodes’ or bad energy spots which could defocus them.
• Do not have excessively large and over powering water features.
• Install bright lights in the foyer and have more up lit lightings to boost the energy and “lift” your business prospects.
Building biology may still be a relatively obscure science, but by following these rules, you can help make your office more productive and supportive to your business especially when the market looks gloomy.