Electricity pole catches fire after loud sound
News

Electricity pole catches fire after loud sound

May 31, 2019

Mysore: An electricity pole suddenly caught fire after a loud sound near the Jain Temple behind Devaraj Urs Road, here yesterday afternoon causing anxiety for sometime.

There was a loud sound heard near the electricity pole located at the corner of Jain temple around 3.30 pm which was followed by the electricity pole catching fire. Even as the shopkeepers and the public noticed this, they heard another loud sound from the nearby transformer, said eyewitnesses.

The Fire and Emergency Service personnel on getting information immediately rushed to the spot and put out the fire. Luckily, nothing untoward happened. It is learnt that the reason for the loud sound was due to the old transformer.

CESC officials and staff, who rushed to the spot have undertaken the repair work.

ABOUT

Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 41 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.

CONTACT

Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]