Mysuru: A fire, said to be caused due to short circuit has destroyed materials and cash worth about Rs. 25 lakh at a shop on Devaraja Urs Road here last night.
The fire mishap took place at Pratham Enterprises, distributors of Santoor, Himalaya Herbals and owned by one Dilip Kumar.
Last night, after closing the shop for the day, he left for his home and returned after sometime only to see smoke and fire emanating from the shop and immediately informed the Fire Brigade Station.
Saraswathipuram Fire Brigade personnel, who rushed to the spot, doused the fire and prevented it from spreading to neighbouring shops. But the fire had already destroyed cash and goods worth about Rs. 25 lakh by then.
Fire Station Officer Nagaraj Urs, Assistant Station Officer L. Raju, T.S. Yallaraju, driver Nanjundaswamy and staff Prabhakar, Devaraju and others took part in the extinguishing operation.