Fire destroys Rs. 25 lakh worth goods at shop

Fire destroys Rs. 25 lakh worth goods at shop

January 23, 2018

Mysuru: A fire, said to be caused due to short circuit has destroyed materials and cash worth about Rs. 25 lakh at a shop on Devaraja Urs Road here last night.

The fire mishap took place at Pratham Enterprises, distributors of Santoor, Himalaya Herbals and owned by one Dilip Kumar.

Last night, after closing the shop for the day, he left for his home and returned after sometime only to see smoke and fire emanating from the shop and immediately informed the Fire Brigade Station.

Saraswathipuram Fire Brigade personnel, who rushed to the spot, doused the fire and prevented it from spreading to neighbouring shops. But the fire had already destroyed cash and goods worth about Rs. 25 lakh by then.

Fire Station Officer Nagaraj Urs, Assistant Station Officer L. Raju, T.S. Yallaraju, driver Nanjundaswamy and staff Prabhakar, Devaraju and others took part in the extinguishing operation.


Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 41 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.


Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]